Monday, April 8, 2013

Week 2 of "My One Word"

"For God is working in you, giving you the desire to obey him and the power to do what pleases him."  Philippians 2:13


Welcome to Week 2 of My One Word
On Friday we watched the first video in which Mike Ashcraft gave us an overview of how & why he developed My One Word and what is in store for us over the course of the next few weeks.  It was a little intimidating, but also very exciting! 

If you were not able to join us on the 5th, you can still see the video!  Go to www.myoneword.org.  The first video segment can be found on the webpage.  After you watch the video, come back here (the blog) and post your reaction in the Comment section.  We shared various reactions, from "really, you want us to read how many chapters?" and "I will be accountable to this word for a whole year!?  That's a long time."  to "I'm excited!  I wish our whole church could do this!".   I can't wait to see what you think.

As a reminder, this week we are reading Chapters 1-4.  And, if you need to re-read chapter 3, you are in good company :)  There is some work to do this week, but I pormise it's not much and the dividends will be worth it!  The chapters are short and the reflection questions are thoughtful.

So, grab your book (or e-reader), your Bible, journal, and a pen and get started. 

Remember, "CHANGE is possible.  FOCUS is required.  And dependence on God is absolutely foundational." Mike Ashcraft, My One Word

Your Partner in Ministry,

Shelly



No comments: