Friday, January 4, 2013

Come closer, I've got a secret to tell you...

"My goal is that they will be encouraged and knit together by stong ties of love.  I want them to have full confidence because they have complete understanding of God's secret plan, which is Christ himself.  In him lie hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge."  ~ Colossians 2:2-3

IT'S ALMOST TIME TO START OUR NEW BIBLE STUDY BOOK, IT'S NO SECRET: REVEALING DIVINE TRUTHS EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW BY RACHEL OLSEN!!!!

Yes, I am shouting on my blog because I am SOOOO excited!!  It's like another Christmas - literally!  We just celebrated the birth of Christ.  Now we start on a journey to truly understand why He came.  He is "God's secret plan" and we are invited and encouraged to be a part of it.

If you started to read your book, the passage from Colossians should be familiar.  I love this passage for a number of reasons:
* I like to knit.  There's something about taking simple tools (a strand of yarn & 2 sticks) and making useful art with them.
* I love finding treasure, don't you?
* I enjoy secret surprises, which are secrets one keeps until the time is right for them to be revealed to everyone!
* I could use all the wisdom & knowledge I can get ;)

And this is only page 15!  I even love Rachel's dedication to her daughter.  I can relate: no matter how good my advice, my kids won't take it if it comes from me!

What do fake jewels, an RSVP to a party, and bargain shopping in Nassau have in common?  Each of them is a starting point for Rachel's amazing storytelling.   She has this ability to draw you in with very real situations and connect them to stories and scripture in the Bible. 

I very strongly encourage you to read this book with a pen!  Yep, this is one to mark up, underline, highlight, jot notes, etc.  And if there isn't enough room for your notes, observations, & answeres to the study questions at the end of each chapter, keep a journal.  I did all of these things the first time I read the book. Now I'm doing it again, but using a different colored pen!

After reading the Introduction, Chapter 1 & 2 and doing the study questions, share in the Comments one thing that was a revelation for you or your favorite thing about this week's assignment.  Of course, you can have more than one thing, but please, please, please share at least one with our group.

I can't wait to read your comments and talk with you about INS (It's No Secret)!!!! 

Have a wonderful week - only 6 more days until we meet again!  YEAH!!!

Your Partner in Ministry,
Shelly





  

No comments: