Saturday, January 12, 2013

Week 2 of INS - Chapter 3 "Kill Your Competition"

"Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth."  Matthew 5:5 (NIV)


If you are just joining us, WELCOME! I'm so glad you are here. And don't worry, you are not behind!   There is plenty of time to read up to chapter 3 this week.

When I opened my book to chapter 3, I was shocked to see the title, "Kill Your Competition"!  Really, we're killing our competition in Bible study!?  I can understand defeating Satan, but...  And what can it possibly have to do with humility - isn't that the opposite of humility?

Well, read on dear friends!  This is one of my favorite chapters :)  Rachel, through her storytelling, the help of her favorite author, C.S. Lewis, and Scripture, explains the power and strength of true humility.  I've read this chapter twice, but feel I need to read it over and over for it to really take hold.  The concept seems to run in the opposite direction of what society deems powerful & strong.  Though, once you grasp humility, you'll start to see it all around you.  That's part of the secret!

Here's your assignment for this week:

Saturday & Sunday:  Grab your book, your Bible, a pen and your favorite beverage and read and do the study questions up to Chapter 3.  If you've finished the reading and questions, feel free to review, post a comment, or relax :)

Monday: Read Chapter 3

Tuesday: Answer questions 1 & 2.  Come to the blog and post about what you've read so far!

Wednesday: Answer questions 3, 4, & 5. 

Thursday: Catch up on anything you missed during the week or review your favorite parts of chapter 3!  Feel free to come to the blog and post about your questions and experiences for the week.

Have a wonderful week, dear friends.  I am looking forward to hearing from you!

Your Partner in Ministry,
Shelly


1 comment:

Shelly said...

Wow! I find humility very difficult, especially when I'm trying to explain it to my children. Or when my husband works so hard but is not rewarded by his company in any way, for years! I'm starting to understand the humility that God wants us to have, but practicing it is another lesson! But I guess I'm not alone in that: there are 7 Proverbs about Pride & Humility! I love the book of Proverbs!